Tuesday, June 1, 2010


His innosence faded with the sound of his harsh voice, the look in his frowning eyes, and the stength of his closed fist. He had yelled for the words he could not find inside his lonley mind. I had seen him smile, once, along with my body underneath his and passion muting truth. I had felt his love once too. Yet reality increased its volume, and soon I could not hear anything except his bangs and screams and punches on the wall. I dedicated my days on recreating the series of events, trying to understand how one so loving could so suddenly change. I held on to those moments in which I saw his eyes focus on mine, in which his trembling hands wondered on my body, in which I had fallen so deeply in love. I could not let go; I needed to save him. Yet his eyes avoided mine and his hands rarley caressed my skin.
My feet submerged inside, the cold roaring water drowned them. My toes clenched around the rocky surface, feeling the force of the river pull on my weight. The warmth of the morning let clouds of steam swim ontop of the water, surrounding my body with a gentle touch. My shoulders shivered in the bare wind, the summer morning breathing shivers down my back.
I cannot save him. His heart is far too lost behind his lonley mind. I can only let him go. For now is the time when the colours on the ground will grow to fill my eyes with joy, when the heat in the air will hug my body, and when each breath I take I will let me move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment