Sunday, May 16, 2010

The dream of togetherness turned into a bigger mess.

Streaks of fallen clouds slide between each other. They're carefully positioned , some protecting the sun, some sharing the sunlight. The overpowering blue stands on top of them, expanding itself and submerging the world underneath it. The top of the trees dip their leaves into the fog, becoming invisible to the rest underneath. My toes clinch as I imagine my legs grow, and grow, and grow until my head is surrounded by white. White moisture that makes my breathing more dense. I look around and my eyes only capture the light. I feel suspended, lifted by strings on my shoulders. My eyelashes flutter, shaking the drops that the clouds have shared with them. I lift one arm to try to push myself on top of a cloud, the heaviness of it made it almost impossible. The difficulty of such a simple thing makes me smile. My arms finally rest above me, grasping onto the curve of a cloud I lift myself up from the ground. My feet spring up in a force and speed of desperation.
I sit there, on a cloud, patiently not waiting for anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment