I opened my eyes to the brightness of a single streak of light, peeking through the curtains. I wondered about the time for a second, and decided to turn it into a few minutes. Immobile I lay there watching the light dance with the air, particles falling and dust floating, moving through and past the air. It quietly whispered a sudden brush of wind that caressed my eyelashes. I closed my eyes to gain some moisture back. A hand interrupted my thoughts as it lovingly made its waty to my face. His fingers made the familiar gesture of moving from cheek to eyebrows, from eyebrows to nose, and softly towards my lips. Instinctivley my lips pursed to return the feeling, sharing the energy to finally uncover ourselves form the shelters of blankets that seccured our loving dreams. I made my way out of the room, careful not to step on the carpets of papers, paints and brushes. I opened the door and a wave of light drowned my sight. I let my eyes adjust as I stood there, my mind still dreaming, my brain still resting. Shuffling slowly, I made my way to the kitchen. The coffee machine was waiting patiently for its turn to wake up. I walked around the table towards the sink, fully loaded with cleaned brushes. Opening the cabinet on top, closing the cabinet on top, I grabbed the baby bottle, poured in some milk, and the day, my life, was finally awake.

No comments:
Post a Comment