Sunday, May 16, 2010

Who can say when the roads meet, that love might be in your heart?


She sat behind me, her legs embracing my body, her fingers stroking my hair. I rested my head on her chest, listening to a strong rhythm of her beats. My cheeks felt wet, my throat too opened, and my hands too heavy. We sat in silence while we waited for nothing, neither one of us wanted to break the perfect stillness lying underneath our affection. My eyes finally opened, letting a tear drop to land on her chest. I looked up, expecting to see the sky, wishing to see more. I turned towards her to look for that smile and those eyes that could lead me anywhere. That instant I let go of all of my pain, my tears wanted to envelop her, make a warm river for her to lay in. My closed throat wanted to open and yell to the reason why her eyes watered and her heart shrank. My heavy arms wanted to lift the world and hand it to her, give her anything that could heal her heart, lead her back to happiness. I rested my head on her again. My mouth opened, trying to find the words, the perfect solution.
“Mom, what if we get a really, really, really tall ladder and climb up to see him?”

No comments:

Post a Comment